Did you know, your smile ages with you? Time plays a factor in our body’s health, which includes our oral health. If you neglect your oral health, you could be setting yourself up for problems that may have been avoided in your older age. Luckily, there are things you can do to help your smile as you age.
Our dentists, Drs. Rauzman, Pallotta and Litwin, care about you and your oral health and are happy to assist you. That is why our dental team in Nutley, New Jersey, are willing to share some necessary information with you on the effects of aging can have on the health of your smile.
Here are some simple insights:
– Avoid an unhealthy diet that can increase your risk for several oral health problems.
– Use a dental floss that can clean between each tooth in your mouth.
– Stay away from tobacco, drugs or any other bad habits that can increase your risk for oral health problems.
– Always make sure the cleaning tools you use are easy for you to operate, such as water flossers.
– Use easy tools to operate for your brushing needs, including electric toothbrushes. Make sure your toothbrush and toothpaste are nonabrasive.
– Schedule regular visits to our dentists for cleanings and examinations.
As you can see, there may be many ways that you can help protect your oral health as you get older. If you have questions or concerns about your smile, please give us a call as soon as possible. Our dental team is happy to help you and give you the aid you need. So, call us today at (973) 667-3515. We look forward to seeing you in our office.